[jhc] list libraries

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Nov 10 17:29:32 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:02:06PM +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> The output form of --list-libraries has changed from jhc-0.7.2 to the
> darcs version (0.7.3 pre) which is unfortunate, since I use this option
> in Cabal to determine installed packages. Both formats contain enough
> information, but it is cumbersome to handle both of them.

Yes, I am moving jhc to use standard, language independent, formats
whenever possible. One of the changes is to output all machine readable
files in the YAML[1] format, which is naturally extensible, already has
support in pretty much every language, and is human readable/editable as
well. I am also going to change the psuedo-cabal library description
files to YAML files as well, to avoid confusion with the actual cabal
format.

If it is a big issue, I can put out a 0.7.3 soon after I get a couple
more changes in. (the main one being a dependency output for franchise's
benefit)

[1] http://yaml.org

        John