[jhc] allowing unqualified method names in instance declarations

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sat Nov 14 17:59:58 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 06:58:11PM +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> The attached patch shall help accepting an instance declaration like
>
>> import qualified Custom
>>
>> instance Custom.Class T where
>>    methodA = ...
>>    methodB = ...
>
> by translating it to
>
>> instance Custom.Class T where
>>    Custom.methodA = ...
>>    Custom.methodB = ...

Cool! Thanks. this fixes a long standing bug.

> John recently sent two patches to jhc at haskell.org, that are not present
> in the darcs repository. Do they need some confirmation? They work for
> me, as far as I can judge.

I had not pushed them to the web site by accident. they should be there
now.

If possible, you should use 'darcs send' to send patches to the list
so my automation will recognize them as patches and my application
scripts will work. Thanks for the patches!

        John