[jhc] ANNOUNCE: jhc-0.7.6

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sun Aug 1 03:16:18 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 04:14:00PM +0200, Lemmih wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> > Announcing jhc 0.7.6! This release fixes a large number of bugs that cropped up
> > when compiling hoskell out in the wild. In addition it has some major internal
> > cleanups and better support for cross-compilation. This is a minor release in
> > that I am just announcing it on jhc at haskell.org.
>
> Benchmark updated with new results: http://mirror.seize.it/report.html

Cool. I didn't expect too much change here, but it is good to see at
least a little progress. Any luck on getting the RTS to limit ram use
appropriately? I have a couple ideas for low hanging fruit to help the
speed/resource usage of the compiler I'll try to work into an upcoming
release. Along with some better diagnostics output of memory usage for
you.

        John