cvs commit: fptools/libraries/core Numeric.hs

Alastair David Reid reid@cs.utah.edu
04 Jul 2001 18:07:56 -0600

Simon:
> Add Numeric library here for the time being.  This is a combination
> of the H98 Numeric library and a few functions from GHC's NumExts.

But if you put extensions in an H98 file, it's hard for users to check
if they're limiting themselves to the standard.

Fix 1:
  Rename Numeric.hs to NumericInternals.hs (or anything else you like)
  and make Numeric.hs just import NumericInternals and re-export the
  standard.

Fix 2:
  Generalise the DEPRECATED pragma.

I prefer (1) (since it places the least burden on other compilers) but
(2) has its attractions.

--
Alastair Reid        reid@cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/