FW: cvs commit: fptools/libraries/core Foreign.hs Main.hi-boot Makefile Prelude.hs fptools/libraries/core/Control Concurrent.hs Exception.hs Monad.hs Parallel.hs fptools/libraries/core/Control/Concurrent CVar.hs Chan.hs MVar.hs ...

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:49:41 +0100

For those not on the GHC CVS mailing list, I've just committed a first
cut of the new libraries.

You can checkout the tree from GHC's CVS repository by saying 'cvs
checkout libraries' (at least after the anonymous mirror has happened,
within 24 hours).

Cheers,
	Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Marlow [mailto:simonmar@glass.cse.ogi.edu]=20
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 3:15 PM
To: cvs-fptools@haskell.org
Subject: cvs commit: fptools/libraries/core Foreign.hs Main.hi-boot
Makefile Prelude.hs fptools/libraries/core/Control Concurrent.hs
Exception.hs Monad.hs Parallel.hs
fptools/libraries/core/Control/Concurrent CVar.hs Chan.hs MVar.hs ...

simonmar    2001/06/28 07:15:04 PDT

  Added files:
    libraries/core       Foreign.hs Main.hi-boot Makefile=20
                         Prelude.hs=20
    libraries/core/Control Concurrent.hs Exception.hs Monad.hs=20
                           Parallel.hs=20
    libraries/core/Control/Concurrent CVar.hs Chan.hs MVar.hs=20
                                      QSem.hs QSemN.hs=20
                                      SampleVar.hs=20
    libraries/core/Control/Monad Cont.hs Error.hs Fix.hs=20
                                 Identity.hs List.hs Monoid.hs=20
                                 RWS.hs Reader.hs ST.hs State.hs=20
                                 Trans.hs Writer.hs=20
    libraries/core/Control/Monad/ST Lazy.hs Strict.hs=20
    libraries/core/Control/Parallel Strategies.hs=20
    libraries/core/Data  Array.hs Bits.hs Bool.hs Char.hs=20
                         Complex.hs Dynamic.hs Either.hs IORef.hs=20
                         Int.hs Ix.hs List.hs Maybe.hs=20
                         PackedString.hs Ratio.hs STRef.hs Word.hs=20
    libraries/core/Data/Array Base.hs IArray.hs IO.hs MArray.hs=20
                              ST.hs Unboxed.hs=20
    libraries/core/Debug Trace.hs=20
    libraries/core/Foreign C.hs ForeignPtr.hs Ptr.hs StablePtr.hs=20
                           Storable.hs=20
    libraries/core/Foreign/C Error.hs String.hs Types.hs=20
                             TypesISO.hs=20
    libraries/core/Foreign/Marshal Alloc.hs Array.hs Error.hs=20
                                   Utils.hs=20
    libraries/core/GHC   Arr.lhs Base.lhs ByteArr.lhs Conc.lhs=20
                         Dynamic.lhs Enum.lhs Err.hi-boot Err.lhs=20
                         Exception.lhs Float.lhs Handle.hsc=20
                         Handle.hsc.orig IO.hsc IOBase.lhs Int.lhs=20
                         List.lhs Main.lhs Maybe.lhs Num.hi-boot=20
                         Num.lhs Pack.lhs Posix.hsc Prim.hi-boot=20
                         Ptr.lhs Read.lhs Real.lhs ST.lhs=20
                         STRef.lhs Show.lhs Stable.lhs=20
                         Storable.lhs TopHandler.lhs Tup.lhs=20
                         Weak.lhs Word.lhs=20
    libraries/core/System CPUTime.hsc Cmd.hsc Environment.hs=20
                          Exit.hs IO.hs Info.hs Locale.hs=20
                          Random.hs Time.hsc=20
    libraries/core/System/IO Directory.hsc Unsafe.hs=20
    libraries/core/System/Mem StableName.hs Weak.hs=20
    libraries/core/Text  Read.hs Show.hs=20
    libraries/core/Text/Show Functions.hs=20
    libraries/core/cbits Makefile errno.c inputReady.c lockFile.c=20
                         system.c writeError.c=20
    libraries/core/doc   libraries.sgml=20
    libraries/core/include CTypes.h Dynamic.h HsCore.h=20
                           PackedString.h ghc_errno.h lockFile.h=20
  Log:
  First cut of the Haskell Core Libraries
  =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
 =20
  NOTE: it's not meant to be a working snapshot.  The code is just here
  to look at and so the NHC/Hugs guys can start playing around with it.
 =20
  There is no build system.  For GHC, the libraries tree is intended to
  be grafted onto an existing fptools/ tree, and the Makefile in
  libraries/core is a quick hack for that setup.  This won't work at the
  moment without the other changes needed in fptools/ghc, which I
  haven't committed because they'll cause breakage.  However, with the
  changes required these sources build a working Prelude and libraries.
 =20
  The layout mostly follows the one we agreed on, with one or two minor
  changes; in particular the Data/Array layout probably isn't final
  (there are several choices here).
 =20
  The document is in libraries/core/doc as promised.
 =20
  The cbits stuff is just a copy of ghc/lib/std/cbits and has
  GHC-specific stuff in it.  We should really separate the
  compiler-specific C support from any compiler-independent C support
  there might be.
 =20
  Don't pay too much attention to the portability or stability status
  indicated in the header of each source file at the moment - I haven't
  gone through to make sure they're all consistent and make sense.
 =20
  I'm using non-literate source outside of GHC/.  Hope that's ok with
  everyone.
 =20
  We need to discuss how the build system is going to work...