The next step

Ken Shan ken@digitas.harvard.edu
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:49:37 -0400

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

On 2001-05-28T16:14:29+0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> As I understand it, the situation is worse than that.  The mere
> existence of GPL code poses a threat to commercial software: if a
> programmer happens to read some GPL code and then goes on to use similar
> techniques in proprietary code, the owner of the proprietary code is in
> a legally difficult position.

Really?  I've assumed that GPL only deals with copyright, and
techniques one uses in code are matters of patents and trade secrets.

Here's a message on what license to use, from gnu.misc.discuss:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3Den&lr=3D&safe=3Doff&ic=3D1&th=3D8e757e=
c573e5498,15&seekm=3Drjzoeoifn9.fsf%40ssv2.dina.kvl.dk

--=20
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
>>My SUV is bigger than your bike.  Stay out of the damn road!
>Kiss my reflector, SUV-boy
I'm too busy sucking on my tailpipe, bike dude.

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg--