POpen

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:44:49 -0000

> I was wondering if there is any interest in having POpen
>=20
>         http://www.01.246.ne.jp/~juhp/haskell/popenhs/
>=20
> included in the new haskell libraries?

Yes, in principle.  Although popen() is part of Posix these days so =
if/when the Posix library is rewritten it should become part of that.

  http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/popen.html

I just looked at the tarball (wow, 276k of packaging goop for 3k of =
code, that's pretty impressive :-) and there shouldn't be any problem =
with us just pulling it into the current Posix library for the time =
being.

Would you mind changing the license to a BSD-style license?  If not, =
we'll have to put the code in a separate package in another part of the =
repository (see the libraries document for the current licensing =
policy).

Cheers,
	Simon