POpen

Jens Petersen petersen@redhat.com
04 Mar 2002 16:11:01 +0900

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar@microsoft.com> writes:

> > I was wondering if there is any interest in having POpen
> >         http://www.01.246.ne.jp/~juhp/haskell/popenhs/
> > included in the new haskell libraries?

> Yes, in principle.  Although popen() is part of Posix
> these days so if/when the Posix library is rewritten it
> should become part of that.

> I just looked at the tarball (wow, 276k of packaging goop
> for 3k of code, that's pretty impressive :-)

Indeed - one more reason why it would make much more sense
for POpen to be part of a larger library... :)

> and there shouldn't be any problem with us just pulling it
> into the current Posix library for the time being.

Sounds fine to me.  Do you mean dropping it into
"libraries/base/GHC/Posix.hs"?

Btw is most of hslibs expected to go into libraries?
How about all the posix stuff?

> Would you mind changing the license to a BSD-style
> license?

Yes, that's ok.  Should I send you a new version with the
header updated, or?

Cheers, Jens