announcing darcs

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:42:40 +0100

"Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj@microsoft.com> writes:

> Lies, all lies :-)    To install GHC you double click on the installer.
> That's all. No cygwin, no mingw, nothing.

I think the point is that the original poster does not have Windows,
therefore double clicking on the installer will not help.  :-)

He has a Linux machine, and is trying to cross-compile for a Windows
target machine.  Thus, he needs to persuade his (Linux) GHC to use
the mingw GCC cross-compiler as a back-end, the goal being to end up
effectively with his GHC as a cross-compiler.

A great (if brave) idea, I think you'll agree.

Regards,
    Malcolm