Text I/O library proposal, first draft

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:45:53 -0700

this can all be done safely in the state monad (when using external c
calls or not). I vaugly remember a binding to iconv floating around
which was based on the state monad.  there was also an implementation
(based on IO, but rather advanced) in the qforeign distribution which
might be useful to look at.. (See Conv*.hs)
        John