Libraries and hierarchies

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:33:28 -0700

confluence! Inspired by some posts the other day I implemented an
immutable GUID naming scheme for interfaces with Haskell. I thought it
would require compiler support, but it turns out a good 90% solution can
be done as a separate program quite nicely and there are not too tough
workarounds for the other 10%.

http://repetae.net/john/computer/haskell/hsguid/

This is not really the same as your proposal, but is somewhat related
and addresses many of the same issues. (and might be a bit lighter
weight)

actually, they would probably mix well as your proposed system could
just use the same GUID pragmas hsguid uses as input.

Let me know what y'all think. library developers, add a GUID to your
code. it's easy and takes no resources, but could save users of your
library a lot of hassle. :)
        John
John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - john@foo.net