Concerning Time.TimeDiff

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
02 Jun 2003 14:08:38 +0200

"Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj@microsoft.com> writes:

>> I understand there's some history here, of which I'm not properly
>> aware, so if this is merely rehashing old ground, please ignore.

As someone who got entangled in this last time it was discussed (and
the time before that), I can inform you that it has indeed been
discussed a bit, and that you could probably search the archives
profitably for ideas and thoughts on the matter.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2002-January/008678.html

and (same thread, but broken up, due to broken mail headers):

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2002-December/003742.html
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2002-December/003751.html
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2002-December/003758.html

> Rather than try to fix it incrementally, I think it'd be most productive
> if the interested parties simply got together and agreed an interface
> for a new Time module, even if it's incompatible with the old one.

Yes, definitely.  Useful time/data module is probably best designed by
somebody who actually *have* use for it.

-kzm