Soliciting Comments on DSP Library

Matthew Donadio m.p.donadio@ieee.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:52:06 -0400

Hi all,

Going along with Simon M's last email, I am getting ready to stamp my
DSP library  with version 0.00.1 and put everything under CVS conrol,
but would like to get some comments before I do so.

A current snapshot is at

	http://users.snip.net/~donadio/haskell/hsdsp-snapshot.tar.gz

Everything has been converted to a hierarchical library, and about 2/3
of it has been converted to use Haddock for documentation.  There are
also a few small demo apps.

I am going to reread the Library Guide, but I would appreciate comments
on the following issues:

There are currently four libraries in the snapshot: DSP, Matrix, Poly,
and Stat.  I would like to add these to the official namespace, and
would like to know where they should live.

Everything is GPL.  I don't really care one way or another about this,
but there is some code that I don't claim copyright to, and some derived
code that inherits the GPL.  In particular, MT19932.hs and Roots.hs have
different copyright holders, and the original code was GPL.  FFT.hs,
FFTHard.hs, and PFA.hs have some derived code, so they have to inherit
the GPL.  I have to consult with the author, but IIRCookbook.lhs is a
derived work, and I have a feeling that the license on this will be PD.

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)