list monad transformer

Iavor Diatchki diatchki@cse.ogi.edu
Mon, 19 May 2003 17:15:30 -0700

hello,

Andrew J Bromage wrote:
> G'day.
>
> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:45:14AM -0700, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
>

>>i would gladly volunteer for the task.  in fact i have my own monad
>>transformer library which is very simillar to the ghc one in some
>>respects,  and i have been wanting to merge the two together...
>

> I'm also interested in this, as I have some monad transformers of my
> own which I'd like to add (the backtracking monad transformer being one
> of them).  Though I have no particular desire to "own" this part of
> the module namespace. :-)
when you talk about a backtracking monad transformer which one are you
refering to?  ralf hinze seems to have a whole bunch of papers on the
matter, some of which seem to be a lot like the "Maybe" transformer and
some seem very complicated (but presumable are very efficient).

> If you need some help doing the merge, please let me know.  Or,
> alternatively, please let me know when you're ready to accept a
> contribution.
i don't have access to the repository so i am not really doing anything
at the moment.  i would be interested at looking at your transformres
quite independently of the library...  are they available anywhere?  i
think the main probelm with adding transformers to the library is that
the amount of code grows quadratically in the number of transformers
(as one has to specify how each one interacts with every other one).
but of course if there is some ne wfunctionallity we should add it.

bye
iavor