Automake/Autoconf

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu, 22 May 2003 11:43:07 +1000 (EST)

Alain Cremieux <alcremi@pobox.com> wrote,

> I would like to know if there exists some kind of template / sample to
> create a 'configure.in' for a Haskell library ?
> The user manual for automake seems impressive to me, I'd rather
> copy/modify some existing code.

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ports/

has a really simple configure.in for a Haskell library and

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/gtk/

has a configure.in of moderate complexity, which shows how to
identify different versions of Haskell compilers and C
libraries plus configuring optional addons etc.

When you look at these configure.in files also review/copy
the aclocal.m4 files in the same directory that contain some
macros for Haskell-specific config stuff.

Cheers,
Manuel