Haskell library infrastructure coordinator

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
28 May 2003 14:13:29 +0200

Peter Simons <simons@cryp.to> writes:

> Any thoughts?

Yes: perfect!

A lot of the libraries discussion seems to be about how to provide
binary packages and how to integrate builds for various compilers etc
etc.

Give me a way to download the source hierarchy in full or in part, and
a way to tell the compiler where to look for it, and I'll be quite
happy.

I think it makes sense to have the source around -- preferably a CVS
checkout -- for all but the most basic and fundamental of functions,
that way we can browse, learn, improve and enhance, and submit the
modifications easily.  (Do builds get so complex that compiling from
source is unfeasible?)

It seems to me that binary packages should be mostly optional, and can
be deferred to the compiler developers to snarf from the "hslibs"
(stable) hierarchy and include at their leisure?

-kzm