XML DTD for the package configuration file

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Oct 17 04:20:00 EDT 2003

Isaac will surely correct me in case I got this wrong, but I
thought the XML format is meant to be _one_ possible
representation of the Haskell data types, which constitute a
"package". If you prefer to write Haskell syntax, just do.
Dumping your data into an XML file takes _one_ function call
with HaXml.

The important part is the _internal_ data format. Whether
these records are written to disk as XML, ATerm, RPM specs,
Gentoo ebuilds, or Microsoft Word documents does not matter.

Why is there so much excitement about this issue? :-)

Peter