DData

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Mon Apr 5 14:56:41 EDT 2004

JP Bernardy wrote:
> [...] Therefore, I hereby submit it to the people in charge
> of the hierarchical libraries, for integration. Of
> course, if any specific detail deserves work, I remain
> available. [...]

I could add DData to the hierarchical libraries in the fptools repository,
but first a few points should be clarified:

  * Who will be the maintainer? Daan? JP? Whoever it is, he will need write
    access to the repository.

  * What about the license? I can't find something about this on Daan's page.
    I propose to use the standard BSD license with Daan and JP as the copyright
    holder, but I think the final decision on this should be made by Daan.

  * I'm not sure about the module names, but simply DData as the root is not very
    nice. What about Data.DData? Something more descriptive would be even nicer,
    because the module names should describe the functionality, not the genesis
    of the modules. Using "DData" as the package name is fine. Suggestions welcome...

  * Using DData as a documentation container module is a creative solution, :-)
    but a little bit uncommon IMHO. What about renaming it to a sibling module
    like DData.Documentation or DData.Conventions?

Cheers,
    S.