Cabal and installing packages.

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 7 05:15:39 EST 2004

On 07 December 2004 09:57, Keean Schupke wrote:

> Also a section like gentoo's make.conf (for ebuilds) where local
> options can
> be set in a file (for things like optimisation flags etc)...

I might be on my own here, but I happen to think that the way Gentoo
encourages you to have local optimisation flag settings is complete
madness.   Probably the only good thing that can be said for it is that
it's given the gcc developers a lot of good testing.

I don't think we want to do this for Haskell, it introduces one more way
for things to go wrong, and one more thing to forget in a bug report.

Cheers,
	Simon