Combinators for ReadP

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 27 09:31:21 EDT 2004

You could do this, I believe, but it'd make ReadP less covenient for most users, because they'd have to add these redundant (and inexplicable) 'r' parameters.  By "inexplicable" I mean that given a value
	p::ReadP r a
we can say that p is a parser that parses some input, returning a value of type 'a'... but what's this 'r' thing?

Wrapping up a polymorphic fn in a newtype is very standard, even though it is not H98.

I'd be pretty reluctant to make this change

Simon