DData in hierarchical libraries

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 15 11:56:20 EST 2004

> Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2004 15:07 schrieb JP Bernardy:
> > [...]
>
> > Well, DData is meant to replace Data.Set and
> Data.FiniteMap, and add some
> > functionality.
>
> Is it for sure that Data.Set and Data.FiniteMap will be
> replaced by the DData
> stuff?  Will the DData modules get the Data prefix when they
> are included in the hierarchical libraries?

I would like to see that happen, but I'd like to see more people comment
on the design (and performance) of the DData libraries first.

The breakage to code will be fairly minimal:  Data.FiniteMap can be left
in place but deprecated, many of the operations from Data.Set can also
be provided by the new Data.Set (but deprecated, of course).  The other
modules don't conflict.

Cheers,
	Simon