printf

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Thu Nov 25 07:28:51 EST 2004

At 09:05 25/11/04 +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>My printf was a sprintf too.  I.e., the return value could be
>eoither `IO a' or String.  Easy to implement, but probably
>confusing. :)

I noticed that.  I don't yet fully understand how it all works, but it did
strike me as very neat.

I think this could prove to be one of those programming examples that
deserves wider distribution and study if only for what it can teach about
programming in Haskell.  I, too, would like to see it in the common libraries.

#g