Haskell Libraries Wishlist

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 13 03:53:44 EDT 2004

| Thank you for the numerous helpful suggestions.  I will be chasing
them
| down.
|
| Many (all?) of them were not listed at
| http://www.haskell.org/libraries/, which is what I was using.  Would
it
| be possible to list more of these on that site?

One thing the Haskell community currently lacks, and could really do
with, is a simple way to for people who have a library to add it to
//www.haskell.org/libraries/ (or somewhere similar), without requiring
intervention by the web-site manager.  All that's needed is a web form
where the contributor can fill in the name of her library, type comments
about it, and point to the download.

Doubtless there is scope for endless potential sophistication... adding
a new version of an old library, a decent way to categorise libraries
under headings that aren't just hardwired, some way of filtering ("show
me the ones that are nhc-compatible"), ways for library consumers to
record star-ratings and reviews so that excellent libraries are visibly
rewarded, etc.

Does anyone feel like doing this?  You'd be famous for ever!  (Shae
springs to mind for some reason...)

Simon