Haskell Libraries Wishlist

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Wed Oct 13 09:00:13 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 12 Oct 2004 8:16 pm, Shae Matijs Erisson wrote:

> Part of my lost list of Haskell wishes:
> GHC-approved SDL binding (there are several partial implementations)

Well I have a SDL binding. It's still partial to be sure (as is every
Haskell other binding to anything AFAICS:-), and I must confess that
it doesn't benefit from the endorsement of GHC folk either.

Seriously though, what do you mean by "GHC-approved". I guess you
mean distributed with GHC? I thought the major aim of the library
infrastructure project was to reduce the library bloat of various
distributions and to de-sync library releases from compiler releases.

But I dunno, is GHC-approval something library writers should aspire to?
If so, how do I apply?

:-)

Regards
--