Preprocessors

Einar Karttunen ekarttun at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 20 15:38:11 EDT 2004

On 20.10 17:26, Sven Panne wrote:
> If you mean "everyone happy with a LGPL", then I would agree. But GHC and
> Hugs use a BSD-style license, so cpphs is not an option for them. After
> some googling and testing I found MCPP (http://directory.fsf.org/MCPP.html),
> which is a highly configurable preprocessor with a small footprint and a
> BSD license. Shipping this as an internal tool with GHC 6.4 and the next
> Hugs release (especially for use with the hugs-package tool) should be
> possible, I see what I can do...

Does that implement traditional in addition to ansi semantics?

The choice whether haskell sources needing cpp should expect
traditional (as current) or an ansi preprocessor is sometimes
important as many things are done differently in them.

For example token pasting and stringification happen in different
incompatible ways...

- Einar Karttunen