Building Haddock on Windows

Graham Klyne gk at ninebynine.org
Fri Oct 22 11:46:03 EDT 2004

I think this has come up before, but I can't find an answer.  How can I
build Haddock under Windows?  I've got the Haddock distribution, and it has
a 'building.sgml' file, but I can't find a processed version (e.g. HTML or
PDF) of this document.

I also can't find any online documentation for building Haddock.

If I simply try to use GHC to compile Main.hd in the Haddock source
directory, I get missing file errors (not surprising).

I've looked at the makefile, and can't tell what is actually needed to
actually compile it.

If Haddock is to be the standard tool for documenting Haskell libraries, I
think it's really important that it be easy to get it running under
Windows.  Even if this is achieved by simply posting a Windows executable
somewhere.

Can someone please point me to the quickest/easiest way to get Haddock
running under windows?

#g