state of the cabal (preprocessors)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 08:57:26 EDT 2004

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar at microsoft.com> writes:

> > [Aside: Is there a general agreement that the OPTION pragma should
> > be understood by all Haskell systems, whereas system-specific
> > options are given by pragmas like OPTIONS-GHC, OPTIONS-NHC, etc.
> > or something along those lines?]
>
> I'm happy to switch to using {-# OPTIONS_GHC #-} (or something) if
> there's consensus.  Consider that a vote in favour on behalf of the GHC
> camp.

Currently I believe ghc uses
    {-# OPTIONS ... #-}
whilst nhc98 uses the pair
    {-# OPTIONS_COMPILE ... #-}
    {-# OPTIONS_LINK ... #-}
and Hugs has
    #!runhugs ...

I have no specific preferences for naming, and am happy to change to
whatever consensus arrives.  However I do think separating out extra
link options from the compile-time options could be useful.

Regards,
    Malcolm