Calendar Types

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Tue Feb 15 05:38:49 EST 2005

In article <5.1.0.14.2.20050215100243.02f5de40 at 127.0.0.1>,
 Graham Klyne <GK at ninebynine.org> wrote:

> Yes, something like that... RFC3339 has a trick of using -00:00 offset for
> this:
> [[
> 4.3. Unknown Local Offset Convention
>
>     If the time in UTC is known, but the offset to local time is unknown,

That's not what I meant at all. A CalendarTime without a time zone is a
local time, with no information about time zone or time in UTC.

I'll give you an example: if you have an appointment at 8pm today, and a
source of local time that says 5pm, you know you have three hours. You
don't need to know what time-zone you're in or what time UTC it is.

I'm not actually proposing a source of local time other than calculated
from UTC and local time zone offset, mind, so it may not be that useful.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA