required fields in Cabal

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:50:44 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:56:08 -0800, Isaac Jones <ijones at syntaxpolice.org> wrote:
>        license        :: License,
> -- OR?
>        licenseFile    :: FilePath,

By the way I have half-baked tool that generates MSI installers from
Cabal packages for Windows. Since the installer shows a dialog with
license information and I Agree/I Disagree buttons, I have generate
some license description text. I wonder whether it will be possible to
generate the text from license field, some text template and
maintainer, author, ... fields. I am not well acquainted with all
supported licenses and I don't know whether I will have enough
information in the package description. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
 Krasimir