package description files

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 5 03:09:03 EST 2005

All this work on Cabal is great!

Can I just emit one plea, namely that we don't forget to write a
separate, comprehensible, standalone document describing Cabal and how
to use it.  The "proposal" document is an excellent starting point but
(a) the design has changed a bit, (b) the proposal discussed design
choices that are now fixed, (c) we could probably do with "how-to"
chapters for Angela Author and perhaps other personae.  The Haddock for
the source code isn't enough!

So far as getting Cabal used, documenting it is extremely important.

Simon