DData modules

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 07:38:47 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 02:37:39AM -0800, Simon Marlow wrote:
> simonmar    2005/01/13 02:37:39 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     libraries/base       package.conf.in
>     libraries/base/Data  FiniteMap.hs Set.hs
>   Added files:
>     libraries/base/Data  IntMap.hs IntSet.hs Map.hs
>   Log:
>   Add Data.Map, Data.Set, Data.IntMap and Data.IntSet from Daan Leijen's
>   DData library, with some modifications by JP Bernardy and others on
>   the libraries at haskell.org list.  Minor changes by me to remove the
>   last references to DData, and add a DEPRECATED copy of the old
>   Data.Set interface to the new Data.Set.

Int{Map,Set} use the type Word, but I think it was decided a while ago
that this type shouldn't be standard.  Should that be reconsidered?

Also, these modules import Data.Monoid, which contains the non-H98 instance
Monoid (a -> a), making it (and these) non-portable.  One way out would be
to replace that instance in Data.Monoid with one for

data Endo a = Endo { runEndo :: a -> a }