Time

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Thu Jan 27 12:24:27 EST 2005

Merely a datum, not a proof-of-correctness...

[[
    The grammar element time-second may have the value "60" at the end of
    months in which a leap second occurs -- to date: June (XXXX-06-
    30T23:59:60Z) or December (XXXX-12-31T23:59:60Z); see Appendix D for
    a table of leap seconds.  It is also possible for a leap second to be
    subtracted, at which times the maximum value of time-second is "58".
    At all other times the maximum value of time-second is "59".
    Further, in time zones other than "Z", the leap second point is
    shifted by the zone offset (so it happens at the same instant around
    the globe).
]]
-- http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

#g