fptools/libraries package versioning

Brian Smith brianlsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:41:23 EDT 2005

When we send it patches to fptools/libraries that change the API,
should we include a patch to increment the version number too? For
example, I have a patch that adds bindings for WaitForMultipleObjects
and WaitForSingleObject to the Win32 package. Should I increase the
Win32 package's version number in the patch I send?

Also, now Hugs is building again on Windows (at least the command-line
part) and perhaps there will be a release of (Win)Hugs soon. It would
be convenient to be able to say that the next release of Hugs comes
with, e.g. Win32-1.1 and HaXml-1.13.1.

Thanks,
Brian