Libraries needing documentation

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Tue Mar 15 09:09:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Simon Marlow wrote:

> On 15 March 2005 07:04, Isaac Jones wrote:
>
>> Folks have listed these libraries as needing better documentation.  Is
>> anyone around who is familiar with these who can add some haddock
>> patches?
>>
>> http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/LibraryDocsNeedingHelp
>
> Are people using Text.Html?  I've been wondering whether it ought to be
> replaced, or at least revamped.  Haddock uses a local version of this
> library with a number of fixes.

Flippi uses Text.Html at the moment, though a change wouldn't be too
horrible at this point. A revamp might be a good thing, better docs
certainly would - it took me a few hours to figure out how to use it
properly.

You can count me under "used it because it comes with the compiler", too.

> The HTML library in WASH seems better, but I haven't investigated it
> thoroughly.

I got the impression it uses a preprocessor?

> Or perhaps HTML (XHTML to be precise) should just be a special case of
> an XML library?

IMO, only if I don't need to know anything XMLish to use it. If it's a
case of implemented on top of, naturally I have no reason to be concerned.

flippa at flippac.org

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Most
of the time you just get burnt worse though.