Cabal and c2hs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 1 07:00:09 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 10:51 -0700, Isaac Jones wrote:
> I don't use c2hs myself; is there any pattern to the .h files we might
> want to preprocess?  Any way to derive it from the sources or the
> module names?

Basically no. The .h file is usually an installed system headder file.
For example for gtk2hs, we've got one .h file per package (and all .chs
files in the package use the same .h file - though this is not
essential). For example the gtk package uses gtk/gtk.h with:
        -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0
        -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0
        -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2
        -I/usr/include/freetype2/config -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
        -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include

This would just have to be extra information provided, it can't be
worked out automatically, though in this case we get it from
$ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0

Duncan