Cabal and c2hs

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 2 03:26:58 EDT 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 6:59 am, Isaac Jones wrote:
(snip)
> ie this:
>
> Is now this:
>
> Can you try that out in your hook and see if it works?
It works.

Two things:

1. I now see the latest version of c2hs says I should put a #include inside
the .chs file rather than put the .h file on the command line. So I didn't
need to this after all :-( On the positive side, we now have a simple example
of using hooks and have fixed a bug.

2. When I run configure, I don't see any message saying where c2hs is. Should
I do?

Dominic.

dom at tility ping]$ ./Setup configure
Warning: No license-file field.
Configuring Ping-0.0...
configure: searching for ghc in path.
configure: found ghc at /usr//bin/ghc
configure: looking for package tool: ghc-pkg near compiler in /usr//bin/ghc
configure: found package tool in /usr//bin/ghc-pkg
configure: Using install prefix: /usr/local
configure: Using compiler: /usr//bin/ghc
configure: Compiler flavor: GHC
configure: Compiler version: 6.4
configure: Using package tool: /usr//bin/ghc-pkg
configure: Using haddock: /usr//bin/haddock
configure: No happy found
configure: No alex found
configure: Using hsc2hs: /usr//bin/hsc2hs
configure: No cpphs found
configure: Reading installed packages...