[Haskell] Read Instances for Data.Map and Data.Set

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Oct 21 05:17:37 EDT 2005

Hello Johannes,

Friday, October 21, 2005, 11:42:55 AM, you wrote:

JW> I'd like to repeat my earlier point that it would be better
JW> if the user of the type can decide whether he wants
JW> some predefined Show/Read instances or roll his own.
JW> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2005-March/003496.html

long standing sight......

parameterized modules will be a good solution for all those problems.
or ability to hide/import class instances, not only plain functions:

import Data.Map hiding (Show(Map))

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com