Data.* collections maintenance

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Fri Oct 21 10:41:35 EDT 2005

Hi Adrian,

I've always wanted to try out your AVL implementation, but never found
the time to adapt your interface to that of Data.Set and Data.Map (or a
sub-interface). If you have done so, that would only mean to replace
import entries (and would allow to switch back if it doesn't work as
expected).

(It would also be handy if your modules could be passed to the same
properties and performance checker if we had those.)

A different performance profile is of course fine (and desirable if
there is a big gain in certain or even most cases).

So far, the problem always was to agree on an accepted interface (that I
didn't want to be a class but leave to the discipline of library writers.)

How about something like Data.Set.Tree.AVL (and Data.Set.Seq.Ordered)
or Data.SetByAVLTree (and Data.SetByOrderedSeq)?

Cheers Christian