How to fix aclocal.m4 of OpenAL Library to works well Windows and Mac OS X platform?

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:41:11 EDT 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:42:00 +0900, Sven Panne <Sven.Panne at aedion.de>
wrote:
>> I'm trying to build OpenAL Library on Windows and Mac OS X.
>> I have already done about OpenAL/configure.ac and
>> OpenAL/Sound/OpenAL/Config.hs,
>
> I've merge slight variations of your patches into the CVS HEAD.
>
>> but I don't know about how to fix OpenAL/aclocal.m4's
>> FP_FUNC_ALCPROCESSCONTEXT_VOID and
>> FP_FUNC_ALCDESTROYCONTEXT_VOID. [...]
>
> These were simply two tiny typos, hopefully fixed, too. If you want, you
> can
> give the CVS HEAD a try on Windows and/or Mac OS X and tell me about the
> success/failure.

I tried to build CVS HEAD, build is success on Windows.
But build is failure on Mac OS X, because you missunderstood my patch's
Mac OS X support part.

OpenAL/autoconf.ac must change two point.

1. AC_SEARCH_LIBS doesn't find framework's Library, Mac OS X can use
   "-framework OpenAL" flag instead of "-l openal" option, and FP_HEADER_AL
   FP_HEADER_ALC can find headers. So you must change to declare
   AC_SUBST([AL_FRAMEWORKS]) before checking to find library instead
   of before checking to find header.
2. OpenAL doesn't inherit platform parameter and dosen't declare
AC_CANONICAL_*,
    so $host_os variable has no parameter and "case $host_os in" doesn't
work.
   (I forgot this point earlier patch.)

I send patch to fix these points. This patch tested on both Windows and
Mac OS X
platform.

> If things go wrong, I need a log of the configuration and
> building + the generated config.log in fptools/libraries/OpenAL.

And I send Mac OS X's config.log by CVS HEAD.

--
shelarcy <shelarcy capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/