Data.ByteString candidate 4

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Apr 27 03:09:24 EDT 2006

john:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 01:21:17PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> > I'm wary of claiming 'PackedString' status, as John says, it isn't a
> > drop in replacement, so Data.ByteString.Char8 seems fine to me.
>
> I like it a lot. perfect for what it does. is somone working on a
> Data.PackedString or should I have a go at it? should I send patches to
> your darcs repo?

I don't think anyone is working on it at the moment.
And I'm happy for patches, or maybe it should be another repo (so I can
just concentrate on getting Data.ByteString into the base libs). No
matter.

Also, today I checked that Data.ByteString.* runs in hugs (it does),
since its H98 + FFI+ cpp, so now I'm wondering if JHC can compile it...?

-- Don