cabal (./Setup.hs) options

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 07:24:41 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 10:45 +0200, Johan Tibell wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like Cabal. There are a few things that I'm used to from autotools which
> > I can't seem to find: dry-runs, uninstall and a "make distcheck" equivalent.
>
> <snip>
>
> >   uninstall
> >     Removes all files and directories created by install
>
> Ditto. This is really necessary since otherwise I'll have to build a
> Debian package anyway before I can install the Cabal package. Getting
> software of my system is almost as important as getting it on there in
> the first place. Prevents my system from deteriorating over time.

I think we didn't include this feature deliberately for some reason.
Isaac can you remember?

> Would it be hard to implement? Anything I could do to help?

In general the way to help is just to submit patches with an
accompanying explanation/motivation/rationale. 'darcs send' does the
"Right Thing"tm, i.e. it sends them to the cabal-devel list.

Oh and everyone is invited to join the cabal-devel mailing list.