Cabal Questions

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Aug 18 20:18:10 EDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 05:01:42PM +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Yeah, we will need this for proper support other preprocessors too. For
> example .chs files can have dependencies on each other. Currently Cabal
> totally ignores that. Perhaps we can pinch the .hs dep chasing code from
> either GHC or hmake and make it extensible for other pre-processors. But
> yes the license is important.

If you wanted to take anything from jhc, I would happily dual licence it
3bsd.

the code for following dependencies is in Ho.Build (search for 'scc
modules' as that prints out the results).

it can be fed the HsSyn output from Language.Haskell.Parser directly in
the standard libs, but you probably want to prune out everything but the
import list parsing to not be messed up by extensions the full parser
can't handle.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈