darcs patch: New function isInfixOf that searches a list for a give...

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Aug 31 21:04:09 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 10:54:49AM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> For what its worth, this function is known as isSubstringOf in
> Data.ByteString, though I think I like this name better.

We had a brief discussion about the name on #haskell today.  I didn't
care for isSubstringOf in this particular case, since this function
isn't limited to strings.  On the other hand, isInfixOf isn't a
particularly intuitive name either, so suggestions would be good.

It's great to see all the progress on ByteString.

-- John