Who needs Ord for Sets and Maps anyway?

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Jan 19 04:20:44 EST 2006

Hello ajb,

>> A good "standard" class hierarchy for collections and several
>> implementations is very much needed, IMO.

asn> One problem that I got bogged down in was the idea that some data structures
asn> most sensibly reside in monads (e.g. IOArrays) and some do not.  A consistent
asn> interface for both proved elusive.

at least, arrays library have two completely different interfaces for
immutable and mutable arrays, although these interfaces has much in
common and moreover MArray in IO monad can be used to create "differential"
IArray. i think that it is the very good design that just need to be
entirely copied for general collection classes

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com