Idea to allow people to comment on Haskell docs

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 20 03:53:00 EST 2006

I think it looks great!  Just the job, thank you.

Did you modify the Haddock documentation too?

One thing to think about is what happens as the code evolves.  When you
re-generate the Haddock docs, what happens?  Since the links are done by
name (I think) it's probably not bad: you get links to the existing wiki
entries so long as the name of the function doesn't change.  If a
function is deleted, I guess there'll be an orphan wiki entry, but
that's probably ok.  Worth documenting this in the Haddock docs.

Adding source code links would complete the picture.

Simon

Typically
| > people are going to be looking at a particular thing.  For example,
here

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/Graphics-Rendering-Cairo-SVG.html#v
:svgRenderFromString
| > is where I'd look for the link for svgRenderFromString.
|
| Done!
|
| So take another look at these example pages:
| http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/
| http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/Graphics-Rendering-Cairo-SVG.html
|
| For the per-entry links, to conserve space I've just said [Comments]
| rather than [User Comments] and used a smaller font. These cosmetic
| things are easy to change if anyone complains.
|
| I've sent the haddock patches that implement this stuff to Simon
Marlow,