HDBC-ODBC compile problem

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Jul 17 12:57:13 EDT 2006

Robert Dockins <robdockins <at> fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm having a problem compiling a HDBC-ODBC on Windows.  I'm not sure
> if the problem is with hdbc-odbc or with the Windows GHC package or
> if I've done something stupid or what.  Windows is not my native
> habitat, so forgive me if I've left out something obvious.
>
> I'm using a Cygwin shell, but I don't think that matters.  As far as
> I can tell, the GHC package contains all the mingw stuff it needs.
> I'm using the GHC 6.4.2 package from http://www.haskell.org/ghc/
> download_ghc_642.html on a pretty standard Windows XP setup.
>
> The compile is failing during preprocessing:  it looks like hsc2hs
> isn't finding something.  It generates a bunch of syntax errors for
> basic types like ULONG, etc.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Here is the output from the attempted compile session:
[snip compiler output]

I'm having the exact same build error on ghc-6.5 (visual haskell actually) on
windows.  I have no clue how to proceed which makes me sad because I was really
looking forward to using HDBC.  Maybe someone knows a work around?

I'm not on this list, yet, (sending this via gmane) so if you could CC to me
that would be great.

Thanks,
Jason