Text.ParserCombinators.* is a bad name

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:47:40 EST 2006

Disclaimer: random noise follows.

There is an opportunity for haskell to innovate here.

We could move away from a mere hierachical namespace to something more
semantic-rich:

eg.
import Parser | author=="Hughes" && abstraction=="Combinators"

The attributes would be normal top-level definitions in the modules,
and the guard any boolean haskell expression. The import would be
rejected if not exactly one module matches.

(No, this is not a serious proposal... But I will look like a
visionary when someone actually implements this :)

Cheers,
JP.