Experimental Support to build OpenAL package separately from GHC.

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Thu May 25 04:13:11 EDT 2006

Hello.

I know Ross Paterson added Setup file to Win32 paclage, and added files
that is used by configure for ALUT and OpenAL by these messages.

http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/cvs-libraries/2006-May/005006.html
http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/cvs-libraries/2006-May/005029.html
http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/cvs-libraries/2006-May/005032.html

So I try to add Setup file and build OpenAL package, separately from GHC.

Of course, autoreconf command success alone package,
and can build OpenAL package.

I send patch  to build OpenAL package separately from Compliter and
Interpreter.
This patch includes  Mac OS X platform support - I sent previous mail -
but I
changed two points from this mail.

http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/libraries/2006-March/005102.html

1. Darcs HEAD OpenAL package's Sound.OpenAL.ALC.Capture can be
    bult under Mac OS X platform. So, I remove unnecessary #ifdef.

2. This patch add [AC_REQUIRE([AC_CANONICAL_TARGET]) same as
    other packages - ALUT, OpenGL, GLUT. But OpenAL didn't use this,
    so forgot that configure.ac's AC_SUBST([CALLCONV]) doesn't set
    CALLCONV=ccall on Windows - if configure.ac works correctly. And
    break this convention, by previouse patch.
    So I commented out *-mingw32) case for that OpenAL uses ccall,
    even on Windows.

http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/libraries/2005-October/004488.html

If you applied this patch by darcs apply comannd - like this;

$ darcs apply openal-separate-build.patch

then you can build and install OpenAL package separately, by below command.

$ autoreconf
$ runhaskell Setup.lhs configure
$ runhaskell Setup.lhs build
$ runhaskell Setup.lhs install

I tested to build on Windows and Mac OS X platform.

And If you copy Setup.lhs for ALUT package, then you can also build and
install by that. I think OpenGL and GLUT, too.

But ALUT also require to use ccall, I think. If you build ALUT without any
chage, to build example cause undefined reference error.

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/