Cabal 1.1.4 + Haddock 0.7 + GADT = Headache

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Mon May 29 09:16:38 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I've got a problem with a package I maintain.  I have a Cabal package
which contains one module which uses GADTs.  This module is hidden.
Now, Haddock barfs if you try to generate Haddock docs from a module
containing GADTs.  With Cabal 1.1.3, hidden modules (apparently...)
are not parsed by Haddock at all, so it has no opportunity to barf on
my GADTs, and I could get useable docs out.  However, with 1.1.4,
Cabal now tells Haddock to parse this file, but also gives it the --
hide option.  Haddock subsequently refuses to generate any
documentation.  I can remove the hidden modules from the "other
modules" section, but then the object code doesn't end up in the
libraries and programs won't build.  Aggh!

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Rob Dockins

Speak softly and drive a Sherman tank.
           -- TMBG