Proposal: Adding on

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 05:06:36 EST 2006

Hello Duncan,

Friday, November 3, 2006, 1:21:13 AM, you wrote:

> I wonder about how this relates to 'comparing' which we already have in
> Data.Ord. Does adding 'on' mean we should remove 'comparing' ?

> I would suggest we keep both and add 'equating' to Data.Eq too, for
> symmetry with 'comparing'.

i greatly support this idea. otherwise, we will make laguage
understandable only by postgraduates. we shouldn't remove simple
features from the libs only because there more complex ways to do the
same. as far as it is easier to understand/has a lot of uses, simple
feature should exist with their generalizations

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com